Saturday, March 29, 2008
My sister Erin is down for work and we had the best time. I actually hope she stays forever!!
The only problem was that Thomas' new bathing suit was hurting him. It had something to do with...well, you know.
So, can you spot what is different in these two pictures??
We stopped off to see the manatee before heading home.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Stella and Thomas woke up and had to look for their Easter baskets at home and then they played with their new loot:-) We then headed over to Papa and Gigi's for another Easter egg hunt followed by more goodies.
Thomas was so speedy when hunting for eggs.
Oh, why am I up at 1 am blogging? Because Papa and Gigi kidnapped our children overnight, Tony and I drove all the way home only to realize that we left the keys to our other car in Clearwater. Tony is now driving two hour there and then two hours back...~grrrr~ Welcome to our world:-)
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Michael mother was the same woman who called Miles for help with her deceased child. If you remember correctly, when they showed the inside of the house they specifically focused on a picture of a young teenager on the wall. This is because that teenager is Walt. Miles flash-forward was much further into the future than other flash-forward. They want you to believe that it was a flashback but it wasn't.
Ever since the time travel episode, I feel like things make sense except I can not explain them. Michael and Walt get off the island and they go back in time...so they are living in the old lives knowing what they know while on the island. I know this sounds confusing but I think I am getting it. Why was Walt so mad at Michael?
So we have confirmation, the Oceanic 6 are:
Also, I think Ben is really Alex's dad. Not that he just stole Danielle's daughter and raised her as his own. I think now that we know Ben can get off the island there is a very good chance we'll see a flashback of Danielle and Ben meeting off island and having a relationship. I know this doesn't really fit with Danielle's story (believe her husband was one of those that died of the "sickness" but I think there's more to it, he may have been her husband, but I'm guessing not Alex's dad). When Ben was urging Alex, Carl and Danielle to leave, he says, "If they know you are my daughter"...I think if Alex was not really his daughter, she would have said something then. Is Carl and Danielle really dead? My guess is Carl is and Danielle is not.
Lastly, was there something to that gay scene or was it just to demonstrate diversity. I felt like they were making a point...just not sure what point. I forget that guys name, the one who spoke to Michael in the alley, but his nose started to bleed when they were fighting; the same way Desmond's nose bled when he was going to die...before he had his constant. Maybe that man's partner was his constant.
Oh, one last thing. I know we saw Libby in a few scenes but did anyone see Shannon? I am reading that she was in the episode but I missed her.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Hmmm, maybe he is on to something. :-)
The kids had a great time with their Daddy at the playground. The big news is that Stella can do the monkey bars all by herself!
Thomas was hard at work 'taking orders' and cooking up some interesting dishes for Daddy.
We had to convince Stella to have a 'make under' to go the playground.
The diamond earrings may be a bit much.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Then we were off to Sarah's birthday party. My super mom friend, Melissa, threw the cutest party. All the kids were able to decorate their own kites...
...and then fly them.
The party was complete with picnic lunch, fishing for the kids and the cutest kite cake.
Stella and Thomas loved flying their kites. Stella had her so high, you would not believe it. I took some pictures and if you click to enlarge, you can see her tiny kite up super, super high.
We had a great time! Happy Birthday Sarah:-)
2. cuddle with Thomas until he is 'awake'
3. make sure that I am not talking to Tony until he is ready
4. make nutritious breakfast
5. pack lunches
6. keep up on snack rotation schedule
7. send in snacks that are on approved snack list
8. dress Thomas
9. negotiate with Stella re: clothing
10. review what needs to be done for the day with Tony
11. work seven days a week
12. answer cell phone all day and handle problems as they arise
13. provide speech therapy to pts
14. keep up with paperwork
15. keep good relations with coworkers
16. plans dinner meals (Tony cooks them)
17. grocery shop
18. clip coupons to save money
19. create budget
20. stick to budget
21. negotiate with kids re: dinner
23. plan family events
24. maintain family relationships
25. call out of state friends
26. attempt to see Orlando friends
27. look presentable
28. get eyebrows waxed
29. get hair cut
30. get kids haircuts
31. talk to Tony
32. make sure boss is happy with my performance
33. spend time talking and meeting with one particular co worker
34. buy birthday gifts
35. attend birthday parties
36. plan themed party for twins
37. create super cute goodie bags
39. try to lose weight
42. entertain kids
43. spend quality time with family
44. teach kids to read, etc
45. attend play dates with moms from preschool
46. watch LOST
47. maintain family calendar
48. teach two undergrad classes
49. delegate to graduate assistant
50. grade papers
51. answer e-mails from students
52. answer e-mails from friends
53. get new eye glasses
54. schedule twins dr appointments
55. schedule twins dentist appointments
56. schedule Tony’s appointments
57. schedule my appointments
58. attend my dr appointments
59. pay bills
60. straighten house
61. do laundry
62. clean kitchen
63. empty dishwasher
64. pick up toys
65. organize toys
66. appear calm and put together
67. attend church
68. coordinate Coalition for the Homeless
69. find driver for the church bus
70. attend Compassion Committee
71. attend woman’s Bible study
72. attend TNT on Tuesday nights
73. maintain friendly relationships with neighbors
76. calmly discipline twins
77. grow together as a couple with Tony
78. be a good daughter
79. be a good grand daughter
80. send thank you notes
81. make sure life is balanced
82. worry about life not being balanced
83. plan family vacations
84. schedule vet appointments
85. teach twins how to interact with animals
86. keep with with family photos
87. schedule twins appointment for 4 year old pictures
88. send out pictures to family
89. shop for outfits for twins
90. stick to budget
91. read bedtime book
92. calmly redirect Stella when she gets up for the 100th time at night
93. make jokes
94. clean porch
95. make plans for bigger house
96. organize current house that is too small
97. clean car
98. get gas in car
99. plan fun activities for family
100. be a good mom and wife
Did I forget anything??
Thursday, March 13, 2008
1. I am so happy Sun b*tch slapped Juliet….she deserved it. It was a sweet episode for Sun and Jin and I think their love had truly grown on the island. I think Jin will be instrumental in getting Sun off the island. My friend Lynn was over watching and she raised some good questions: Is Jin really dead or is it some sort of cover up? You never know.
2. I was so under whelmed to see Michael on the boat. I knew it. He screwed over his friends on the island to save his son (who is still showing up on the island).
3. We found out it was Penny’s dad who owned the boat and he orchestrated the plane wreckage found on the bottom of the ocean. Didn't we already know this??
4. We know one more of the Oceanic Six (we now have: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, and Sun) Does Jin count if died before getting off the island??
5. The only twist of the evening was Jin’s death. I thought he was flash forwarding but it was actually a flash back.
I also read that there is going to be a ‘break’ with the episodes…is this true? I thought there was not going to be a break….I lose focus when they take breaks.
I am in an excellent place with work. I still have too much on my plate but I am able to see everything as a blessing. We know a couple who work in real estate who are worried about money. I have a job. I have multiple jobs. I am not away from my children too much. It is all good.
Something had changed. I feel calmer.
Can it be that easy? Just change your mindset and your stress disappears?
Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said a man called his office last month to report that something was wrong with his girlfriend.
Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman’s skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.
“We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital,” Whipple said. “The hospital removed it.”
Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.
“She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body,” Whipple said. “It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself.”
He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.
“And her reply would be, ‘Maybe tomorrow,”’ Whipple said. “According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom.”
The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that “there was something wrong with his girlfriend,” Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.
Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was “somewhat disoriented,” and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.
“She said that she didn’t need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave,” he said.
She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.
Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.
Police have declined to release the couple’s names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.
The case has been the buzz in Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.
“I don’t think anybody can make any sense out of it,” he said.
Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.
He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.
“It really doesn’t surprise me,” Ellis said of the bathroom incident. “What surprises me is somebody wasn’t called in a bit earlier.”
Monday, March 10, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
We had Papa, Gigi, Grandma Audrey, Great Grandpa Barrett, Lynn, Brad and Drew, Kelly and Kevin, Doug and Brenda and Vicki and Daniel John help us celebrate the day.
Great Grandpa Barrett
The twins with our Pastor
Holding on to Papa's leg
After the service we went to breakfast and then home for a quick bike ride. What a perfect day!